Can you remember the feeling of passing your driving test? Or of taking your first car journey without an instructor in the seat next to you?
This year marks forty years of Snooper as well as ten years since we launched the Ventura brand.
To celebrate 40 years of Snooper, we’re hosting a competition for you to win a Snooper DVR-4HD G3 dash cam worth £149.99.
The DVR-4HD G3 dash cam includes speed camera alerts, forward collision and lane departure warnings, 3-axis g-sensors and GPS location data which helps to protect your no claims discount and ensuring you're not a victim of an insurance scam.
To be in with a chance of winning, we’re asking you to look back on your own history of driving and tell us about your first car.
How to enter
Alternatively, if you can’t find any photos of your first car, tweet us to tell us about your first car and use the same hashtag, #SnooperFirstCar
We’re looking for interesting stories of your ride, whether that’s stories of what it felt like to be the first person in your friend group to get a car or being able to drive impacted your social life, alternatively, it could be about the problems you had regularly had to deal with to get your car moving each morning.
We asked our sales & marketing director, Philip Jones, about his first car and he said:
"My first was a Red Fiat Panda 4x4 – E924 VJA. I bought in March 1988 for a trip planned to Abersoch over Easter with the boys.It was that or go in a friend’s lime green Zastava Yugo 311 (Google it). We didn’t fancy our chances of getting there in the Yugo and the Panda was the only car the dealer could have ready in time – visited the dealer on Tuesday, collected the car on Thursday. We had great fun driving on the beach to see if we could get it stuck! My other key memory of the car was how much money I lost when it came time to trading it in!"
The competition will be open until midnight on 15/09/2019, after which point we will stop counting entries.
We’ll be rounding up our favourite responses in a blog post shortly after the competition ends.
A winner will be notified by 20/09/2019, so make sure you keep an eye on Twitter to find out if you’ve won. Good luck!
Terms and conditions
By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating their agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 17 years or over.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- The prize will be selected at the discretion of Snooper UK.
- The competition closes on 15th September 2019. After this date, no further entries will be counted.
- Entrants agree to the use of their responses in any marketing material for Snooper UK. Any personal data relating to the winners and other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will never be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- A winner will be selected by Snooper UK who will be contacted via email. If we do not get a response from a winner within 24 hours, we reserve the right to offer the place to another participant.
- The prize is as described, and is not transferable, not exchangeable for cash and no cash alternative will be offered in the event that a winner is unable to claim or use the prize for any reason.
- If the advertised prize is not available, Snooper UK reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- Snooper UK’s decision will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Snooper UK reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions at any time. If Snooper UK does this, details of any changes will be published on this page.